What was your study Plan?
To study all important topics in 19 subjects and solve questions papers till one and half to two months before exam. Then as many revision as possible till exams
How many hours did u study ?
15 hrs per day don’t compromise your sleep for preparation.
Your tips for success ?
Be confident and Believe yourself. Stay positive. Don’t be afraid of failures or taking another chance of 6 months. Don’t get compromised. Listen to your mind. Work till you reach your destiny.
“REVISION IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS”
During your preparation, did you ever doubt your ability to succeed in it?
Yes, sometimes initially.
How much time do you think one requires for serious preparation for this examination ?
Depends on how much you have prepared for entrance in college days. In general 6-9months of serious preparing with good guidance.
When did you seriously start preparing for this exam?
Started preparing for entrance at the end of may 2015 and focused mainly on PGI from around 20 feb 2016(after TNPGMEE 2016)
Did you face the problem of volatile memory? If so, how did you deal with it?
Yes, especially with facts, tabular columns. Wrote those points in separate note or took photos in cell and revised often. Revised those volatile parts on the day before exam
What was your daily timetable during the preparation? Were you able to stick to the timetable strictly?
In initial part of my preparation, complete those topics taken in class with previous questions in guides within that week..after completion of subjects, in early revision phase revised each subject for 1-2 days .In final revision phase ;ie –last month before exam revised previous question papers in morning session, class notes in afternoon and evening session and for pictures will spend half and hour in night daily Was not able to stick to the time table .will complete around 75- 80% of planned.
What is your advice to the future aspirants?
Believe yourself attend the classes of subject specialist take notes .revise those notes solve questions from guides Be strong in basic concepts focus on important and repeat topics .stop learning new topics before one and half to two months before exam and start revision revise as many times possible have good sleep before exam go one half hours before to exam hall if possible avoid learning or revision in morning on the day of exam.be calm in exam hall. just be aware that we will get negative marks if we go wrong but, don’t be too much concerned about it. just answer whatever you feel right each question paper has some set of difficult questions .It will be difficult for everyone. Don’t loose hope on the middle of exam by seeing those difficult questions. each question paper has some set of 10-15 questions to guess.be ready to guess those questions based on your learned subject concepts and presence of mind.
Which books did you read for the theory part?
– Anatomy- Dr. Arivuselnam Sir class notes, solved questions from Aravind arora
– Physiology- Adr Plexus class notes, Last minute revision of across
– BIOCHEM- Dr. Rebecca James mam book
– Pharmacology- Dr. Thirunavukkarasu sir class notes, Dr. Sunil sir class notes
– Pathology-Dr. Devesh Mishra sir class notes,systemic path from sparsh gupta
– Microbiology- Adr Plexus class notes. solved question from Rangana Chaurashtra
– FM- Adr Plexus class notes. solved questions from Aravind arora
– Ophthal- Adr Plexus class notes, left over topics in RuchiRai
– Ent- Dr. Shibu George -book
– SPM-Dr. Vivek jain -book, Adr Plexus class notes
– Medicine-Dr. Hari sir, Dr. Rakesh nair Sir, Dr. Thameem sir class notes
– Surgery- Adr Plexus Class notes
– OG- Adr plexus notes ,solved questions from Shakshi arora
– Pediatrics-Adr Plexus-Dr. Sarath balaji sir class notes and ppt
– Anesthesia-Adr plexus notes. solved, questions from Arvind arora
– Skin-Dr. khaleel ahmed sir notes. solved, questions from aravind arora
– Psychiatry-Adr plexus notes.solved, questions from Aravind arora
– Radiology-Adr plexes pen drive video
– Orthopedics-Adr plexus pen Drive Video, apurv mehra(last 40 pages-revision section)
Pictures (for exams other than PGI especially AIIMS)
1. From robbins(especially infectious diseases,hematology,cvs,renal)
2. Bailey and love
4. Grays anatomy-student
5. Adrplexes pendrive
What was your strategy for the exam day?
Good sleep in previous night, eat well in breakfast, not revise anything in the morning, enter the exam hall two hours before exam, stay calm and positive, presence of mind, finish in time. don’t be too much concerned about negative marking while answering. avoid discussion after exam if there is another exam in upcoming week.
What was ur style of answering question. Whether you started from question no 1 and ended with last question or started from middle of the question paper.
Answered from question 1 and ended in last question..spent less time for direct and simple questions so that will have more time for difficult and lengthy questions.
Did u underwent the phase of depression. How did u overcome it?
Ya, underwent sometimes ..will speak to my mother and father. will think any of my previous achievement and boost myself. ADrPLEXUS DIGITAL STRIDES conducted few motivational sections, which helped to build my confidence and believe myself. once you start believing yourself , you won’t get depressed much.
Tips for your Juniors
What was your strategy for MAY 2016?
Mark positive options according to the question paper not to think too much of negative marking. strict time management practiced Adr Plexus mock test for time mangaement.to read manoj chaudry 2-3 times . revise class notes . not to waste time in wats app, facebook, watching cricket stop serious preparation from the previous evening before exam .be relaxed.
HOW many choices did u attempt ? ROUGH NUMBER. Please detail your strategies
Didn’t counted ..think will be around 550-580. My stategy in exam was to be relaxed .didn’t restricted myself with preset mind of marking specific no of choices. didn’t followed question wise approach. followed option wise approach. Red all 1250 options it’s like true or false .marked whatever I felt right.to finish 80-90 questions in first one hour. finish exam in time. didn’t guessed in pure fact based question, but made guesses in some logic based and concept based questions. you have to take calculated risk in some situation.it will give you an extra edge. options that contain “may be” are mostly correct, which contain “only always “ are mostly wrong. this is just an idea ,not always true.
What are the do’s and don’ts in exam
1) overnit study before exam
2) attending exam without eating
3) preset mind of marking specific no of choices
4) getting upset on seeing the difficult questions. Remember one thing- difficult questions are difficult for everyone
6) mistakes that u did in your previous exam and mock tests.
7) learning till last moment before exam
1) the option which comes to your mind first will be mostly correct.go for it most times
2) spend time in reading questions and options.dont hurry up in that
3) take break for 1 or 2 minutes if you loose concentration
4) make your own strategy for the exam based on your experience in mock test and previous entrance exams.
5) be carefull in following words in question paper-“all except,not”
YOUR recommended books for PG PREPARATION
ANATOMY – DR.ARAVIND ARORA
PHYSIOLOGY – LAST MINUTE REVISION OF ACROSS
BIOCHEM – DR.REBECCA JAMES
PATHOLOGY – DR.DEVESH MISHRA OR DR.SPARSH GUPTA
PHARM – DR.SPARSH GUPTA
FM – DR.ARAVIND ARORA
OPHTHAL – DR.RUCHI RAI
ENT – DR.SHIBU GEORGE
SPM – DR.VIVEK JAIN
SURGERY – DR.RAJAMAHENDRAN
OG – DR.SHAKSHI ARORA
ORTHO – DR.APURV MEHRA
Short subjects –better go with your class notes and solve questions from Dr. Aravind arora.
Don’t spend too much time in selecting books. whichever book you feel good comfortable follow it.
“ALL THE BEST FRIENDS”
What is UniQue about ADrPlexus
Integrated WorkBook Based Lectures
ADrPlexus was the first Institute in India to launch Workbook Based Lectures
Topper Believe in Our Effective Microplanners . Learn Effectively with our strategies
MCQ Assessment Modules
Leaderboard Assessment , Learn from Mistakes are rated high by our Toppers
Ask a question or book an appointment below